Bài test toefl-itp
A. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
I. Complete the sentence with correct answers
1. My sister _________very tired today.
a. be b. am c. is d. are
2. His ____________ is a famuos actress.
3. I’d like to be a__________ and work in a hospital.
4. We ___________ like rap music
5. There___________ a lot of water on the floor. What happened?
6. He _______ TV at the moment.
7.Helen is very ___________. She doesn’t go out a lot.
a. bored b.confident c.angry d.shy
8. Did you __________ to the beach yesterday?
9. Have you got_________ orange juice? I’m thirty.
a. some b. a c. any d. the
10. Let’s go into __________garden. It’s sunny outside.
a. a b. any c. an d. the
11. He’s ___________ for the next train.
12. Mark________ his car last week.
13. I bought some lovely red__________today
c. bananas d. apples
14. Which bus__________ for when I saw you this morning?
a. did you wait b. had you waited c. were you waiting d. have you waited
15. Where_________ you like to go tonight?
a. do b. would c. are d. can
16. That’s the ______ flim I’ve ever seen!
a. worse b. worst c. baddest d. doesn’t sell
17. My dad ______ his car yet.
a. hasn’t sold b. didn’t sell
18. I’ve been a doctor_______ fifteen years.
A. since b. for c. until d. by
19. Look at the sky. It__________ rain.
a. Will b. can
c. is going to d. does
20. If I___________ this homework, the teacher will be angry!
a. am not finishing b. didn’t finish c. don’t finish d. didn’t finished
21. This book is even__________than the last one.
a. most boring b. boringer c. more boring d. far boring
22. I’ll meet you __________ I finish work.
a. If b. when c. as d. so
23.S We’re getting married___________ march
a. in b. on c. at d. by
24. If you __________ steak for a long time, it goes hard.
a. cook b. are cooking
25. I________ you uotside the cinema, ok?
a. I’ll see b. am going to see
c. am seeing d. see
26. I_______ not be home this evening. Phone me on my mobile
a. can b. could
c. may d. should
27. The criminal_______ outside the hotel last night.
a. Was caught b. has been caught c. is caught d. caught
28. He asked me if I_________ a lift home.
a. wanted b. want
29. If I_____older, I’d be able to vote in elections.
A. had B. am C. were D.have
30. You _____go to the supermarket this afternoon. I’ve already been.
31. Kathy drives _____than her sister.
A. more carefully B. more careful C. carefully D. most carefully
32. The________near our village is beautiful.
A. country B. woods C. view D. countryside
33. I’m _______I can’t help you with that
A. apologise B. afraid C. reget D. sad
34. It was really ______this morning, Icouldn’t see anything on the roads.
35. Can you look_______my dog while I’m away.
C. to D. after
36. If I’d started the work earlier I______it by now.
38. Iwish he _____in front of our gate. It’s very annoying.
39. He said he’d seen her the______night.
40. I______agreed to go out. I haven’t got any money.
41. It was good_____about her recovery, wasn’t it?
42. I______the report by 5.00 p.m.You can have it then.
43. Because of the snow the teachers_____all the students to go home early.
44. Thanks for the meal! It was_____
45. Look! Our head teacher_____on TV right now!
46. It’s_____to driver a car over 115km/h in the UK.
47. There’s a lot of rubbish in the garden I need to get____of
A.lost B. rid C. cleared D. taken
Levi Roots,a reggae singer from Jamaica, has abig smile on his face these days. In case you missed it, Levi recently appeared on the famous reality show for peole with business ideas, Dragon ‘s Den .the participants have to persuade the team of business experts that their ideas are excellent and hopethat two or more of the team will decide to in their business idea.
Levi did just that!
The singer, who has been a successful music artist for several years, also sells something he calls ‘Reggae, reggae sauce”. It is made using special secret ingredients from his grandmother and is a hot Jamaican sauce that is eaten with meat. Until now it has only been possible to buy the sauce from Levi’s webite or once a year at the famous Notting Hill carnival. but now, thanks to the TV programme, that it all going to change!
Levi presented his business idea to the team and startad with a catchy reggae song about the sauce to make them sit up and listen. He certainly got their attention! He then described his plans for the sauce. This part of his presentation didn’t go so well. He made mistakes with his figures, saying that he already had an order for the sauce of 2 and a half million when in fact he meant 2 and a half thousand! But, the team offerad to give $50,000 to the plan in exchange for 40% of the company. Mr Roots was ecstatic!
Levi is even happier today.It seems that two of the biggest supermarket chains in the UK are interested in having the sauce on their shelves. In addition to this, Levi is recording the ‘Reggae,reggae sauce ‘ song and we will soon be able to buy or download this .’it’s all about putting music into food’, says Levi with a big, big smile on his face! And music and food will probably make him a very rich man indeed !
B. new business ideas .
C. famous people.
A. you have to go to notting Hill.
B. you have to ask a member of Levi ‘s family.
C. you need a good recipe book.
A. he finished with a song .
B. two and a half million people were watching
C. he taked about the wrong figu res.
A own supermarkets.
B didn’t like the taste.
C bought part of Levi’s company.
A. is a millionnaire.
B. has two things he can profit from.
C. prefers music ti food.